We, Tool Repair Services Ltd, take your privacy very seriously therefore we urge you to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information about us and:
• The personal information we collect about you, our users
• What we do with your information, and
• Who your information may be shared with
Who we are:
Tool Repair Services Ltd are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, (i.e. we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
Information we collect:
a) Personal information you provide to us
We collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
Contact names within your business (purchasing department, accounts, credit control)
Email addresses within your business
Business/ trading/delivery address
No of years trading
Company registration number
Telephone/ Fax number
Name of Directors/ Owners of the business
Trading/ business name
Some examples of when we collect this information include:
When registering for a credit account
When making purchases
When making payments
When requesting refunds
When receiving account statements/ invoices
When making enquiries using Website
b) Personal information provided by third parties
We may receive information about you from other sources. This information may include:
Credit application form
We will add this information to the information we hold about you for the following purposes:
To check Creditworthiness;
To check for possible fraudulent activity;
To confirm the customer trading status.
c) Personal information you provide about third parties
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you:
Shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data;
Shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf; and
Shall consent on their behalf to the transfer of their personal data abroad.
How we use the information we collect
We collect information about our users for the following purposes:
Identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us; process your order and enquiry; conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis; carry out customer profiling and analyse your purchasing preferences.
Who your information may be shared with
We may share your information with:
Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
Keeping your information secure
We will use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure. These measures may include the following examples:
All data is stored on secure severs.
Only store the information for as long as necessary and only for the purposes of sale of goods and services, once personal data is no longer needed, we will destroy it securely.
However, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using our Website you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
What rights do you have?
Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or it, please:
• Email or write to us (using the contact details below)
• Let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence and a letter from your employer in their letter head), and
• Let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold, if you would like to do this, please:
• Email or write to us (using the contact details below).
• Let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, name of business).
• Let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
Right to ask us to stop contacting you
You can ask us to stop contacting you. If you would like to do this, please:
• Email, call or write to us (using the contact details below)
• Let us have proof of your identity and address, and
• Let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone)
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by:
William Tolson Enterprise Park
Unit 51 Mill Lane